Sunday, June 17, 2007

Evening Prayer

While tucking Boz to bed last night...

Mama: Boz ma pray na ta
Boz: Natuyo na ko (sleepy na ako) *yawning*
Mama: Sige na, para take care ka ng angels in your sleep.
Boz: Duha ta ma pray (pray tayong dalawa)
Mama: Ok
(Boz and mama pray the Prayer to the Guardian Angel)
Mama: Lord take care of
Boz: Tita Flor
Mama: and
Boz: Tita Yvonne
Mama: and
Boz: Tito Walter
Mama: and
Boz: Tito Ninong Ivan
Mama: and Boznik that he will always have good health and our whole family, may You keep us away from harm always. Amen.
Boz: Amen. In the name of the Father, of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen
Mama: Amen. Good night baby. *kiss on the forehead*
Boz: Good night mama, good night papa.
Mama: Love you baby.
Boz: Love you mama, love you papa.

silence...

While I was already inching away to my bed, Boz called out.

Boz: Mama, wala ta ka pray para sa iya papa napatay (Mama, hindi natin napagdasal yung namatayan ng papa).
Mama: I'm sorry baby, sige pray natin family nila.....

We've been praying for my officemate for the past five days, and last night, I forgot to include her name in our special intentions. But Boz remembered... some thoughtful son I have...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww! Ang sweet at polite naman nya.

Anonymous said...

from PMN, my first time here.

it's always good to start the kids early with prayers, such that prayers become part of their lives. and we all know that a God-centered life is ideal for a family. we have prayed as family for the past 27 years, and with the grace of God, my husband and i have raised our 7 children to be upright citizens and good christians.

roxiegirl said...

@mitchteryosa - thanks! i didn't quite expect it nga for his age.

@sexymom - thanks for dropping by! I also believe that God should be in the center of our lives. My parents made sure of that and I want my family to carry on the tradition as well.