Monday, July 31, 2006

Cars: Crazy over Tractors

Ever since Boznik got hooked on Baby Einstein – Baby Mcdonald. He has been bugging everyone about buying him a tractor. But with all the other cars lying around the house, I couldn’t say yes without turning our room into a museum of toy cars. To settle the issue, I told him to wait until he is already big enough to marry an haciendera then he will have a farm and a tractor to himself. Didn’t work I guess because now, he is not only asking us to buy him a tractor but also buy him a farm!

I told his grandparents not to mind this fixation with tractors as it will pass like any other. His nanay though, does not share my sentiments. I couldn’t blame her. She’s stuck with him 7 to 5:00 and she would hear Boz go on and on and on about the tractor and the farm. So after four days of tractor litany, she took him to Gaisano and bought him a tractor. From her own money! I was ridden with guilt… but only for a minute. Hahahahhahaha!

So there he is all beaming with his yellow tractor which didn’t even take a day before some of its parts came off (what do you expect?). I don’t mind though because I believe that the joy of playing a toy comes with knowing how to dismantle its parts (something I never had a chance to do in my childhood).

But the real treat in this tractor story came when we visited my folks in Sum-ag and lo and behold! The blue tractor sitting at my grandma’s porch! You should see Boz, all mesmerized at the site of the real tractor. He circled the tractor, touched the wheels all eyes wide in amazement at the sight of the real thing. He didn’t even hesitate when we made him sit by the driver’s seat! He was so happy! The only down side of it all was that we had to make up stories after 30 minutes because he wouldn’t come off it. And when he did, we were hearing the tractor story over and over again.

Three weeks from now, we will be visiting my grandma’s house again. And he will once again reunite with the blue tractor. Until then, we will be playing with his yellow tractor, looking at his pictures and listening to his stories about how big the real thing was and how happy he was riding on it.

No comments: