Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Boz Lessons: Loyalty and Love

I brought Boz to work last Monday afternoon to give his nanny some time to freshen up and fix their things for their trip to Bacolod. They were going to spend time with my mom and Miki and I will join them there on Friday. While we were waiting for Nanay Bebeng to arrive, I poised him on my desk, gave him some coloring pencils and pieces of paper to write on.

A few scribbles and doodles after, Rhea, our records officer (also the youngest in our office) came by to deliver some incoming communication in our division. She stopped by my desk and asked Boz what he was doing. In a rather shy tone, almost in a whisper, he replied that he was coloring. Rhea then engaged him into conversation by asking what was he drawing and the color of the pen he was holding. Rhea pointed at each pen in front of him and asked for their colors too. He answered all the questions asked of him correctly but always in a bashful manner. Then suddenly, before Rhea could continue with her interrogation, he said: “May girlfriend na ko, si June.”

We all fell to a hearty laugh at his very straightforward remark!

“Te, sin-o mas gwapa, si Tita Rhea or si June?”

“Si June.”

“Si Ma’am Maricar or si June?”

“Si June.”

“Si June or si Mama?”

“Si June.”

Talk about loyalty! Volunteering information about his allegiance without hesitation! Hmmm, was Boz thinking that Rhea was making advances on him? Or that indulging her was making him disloyal to June? I asked him if he likes Tita Rhea to which he replied, “Si June lang.”

And June is not even a true person! She is a cartoon character from the Little Einsteins cartoon series! Oh well, love and loyalty, what more can I say?

4 comments:

feng said...

haha. loyalty indeed. pati si Mama pinagpalit kay June.

i love little einsteins too (much as my kid) :)

zahflo said...

hehehe, my nephew likes Angelina Jolie naman, he was only 4 I think at that time, and he said Angelina was his wife, and if he had to choose between his Mama and Angelina, he would choose Angelina. Tsk tsk! :-)

Analyse said...

kids! i remember my niece, she was 4 years old when they left the philippines, and she was crying because she's obliged to leave her boyfriend, ganun!

Anonymous said...

Oh that's so funny! Talagang loyal kay June. Cute naman kasi si June eh. We love the Little Einsteins!